- To learn and understand the challenges in the design of wireless networks.
- To learn about wireless networks’ architectures, protocols, technologies and QoS
- To learn about IoT ecosystem, uses cases, requirements and challenges, technologies and solutions
- To understand various security issues and challenges for IoT networks and learn about existing solutions.
Lecturers: Badii Jouaber (TSP)
Parcours de rattachement
Pour les étudiants du diplôme Computer Science for Networks M2
Part I (Theory)
1. Introduction to Wireless communications and Internet of Things
2. Example of connected things and IoT Use cases
3. Physical networks: WPAN, WLAN, WMAN and WRAN
4. Short Range Networks: WiFi, Bluetooth, Zegbee, RFID, 6LowPAN
5. Device2Device Networks, Ad Hoc and multihop networks
6. Cellular Networks (From GSM to 5G)
7. Networking solutions for IoT (LTE-M, NB-IoT, Lora, SigFox, …)
8. Cloud and Fog Networking for IoT
9. Platforms for IoT
10. Security and Green aspects of the IoT
Part II (reading articles and presentation)
It consists of selecting articles related to the Wireless technologies and IoT, working on the articles and then providing presentation to audience.
Presentation research article